Blair joined Synovus in August 2016 as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. He was appointed Senior Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer in December 2018 and was named President in December 2019. Blair was elected to the Board of Directors in December 2020 and became President and CEO on April 22, 2021.
Blair’s financial services career began at Signet Bank in Richmond, Virginia, in 1995 and includes leadership in such areas as corporate strategy, line management, strategic finance, and credit risk management.
- B.B.A., Economics and Management, James Madison University
- M.B.A., George Washington University
- Member, Board of Directors, Georgia Research Alliance
- Member, Board of Directors, Columbus Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Board of Directors, United Way of the Chattahoochee Valley (2018/2019 Campaign Chair)
Summary of Responsibilities:
As President and CEO of Synovus, a $55 billion asset bank founded in 1888, Blair leads a team focused on accelerating growth in loans, deposits, profits, and shareholder value by growing relationships with clients. Under his leadership, the company is prioritizing the things that will improve relationships with clients: ease of doing business; seamless delivery; advice and guidance; and empowering team members to make a difference.Back to Team