Smart Pedestrian Planning Live Event
Register Now to Join Us In Person in Clayton County on July 22nd!
Over the last year, the Georgia Smart Communities Challenge project team in Clayton County has been working to build a decision support system for transport project prioritization to promote mobility equity and identify smart technologies to support walkability in the community. The project employed local high school students to use new semi-automated data collection methods to inventory roadsides and sidewalks throughout the county and along main pedestrian corridors. The resulting system will assist in identifying high-impact infrastructure maintenance and development based on building out new connections between regions and improving ADA accessibility, all while minimizing cost and maximizing equity.
To celebrate the work they have accomplished and inform the community about the project in a fun and exciting way, Clayton County will be hosting a live event from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm on July 22nd, 2021. You can pre-register for the event here.
The schedule of events will include:
- 10:00 AM – Kick-off and Welcome
- 10:25 AM – Georgia Tech Researcher Presentation
- 10:45 AM – Clayton County Project Presentation
- 11:00 AM – City Leader/Rotary Club/School System Comments
- 11:30 AM – Data Gathering Specialists Showcase #1 and ClickClayton Demo
- 11:45 AM – 1:00 PM – Lunch/Survey/Sidewalk Tours
- 1:00 PM – Department of Public Health Comments
- 1:15 PM – Economic benefits of sidewalks in the community
- 1:30 PM – Data Gathering Specialists Showcase #2 and ClickClayton Demo
- 1:45 PM – Community Mapping/Input Sessions
- 2:45 PM – Event Closing Remarks
- 3:00 PM – Event Concludes
We look forward to seeing you there!