Savannah’s Georgia Smart Team Event: June 17
Register for the Virtual Event
The City of Savannah’s Georgia Smart Communities Challenge project team will be hosting a virtual live event on June 17th, 2021 from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm!
Savannah’s Georgia Smart team is developing data tools to guide redevelopment of vacant urban land and buildings. Civic data typically applied for blight reduction and nuisance abatement include crime, property code violations, unpaid property tax and special assessments. Missing from civic data are block-level attributes associated with stable housing tenure and healthy, inclusive neighborhoods. The Savannah team will present a project update to the community and stakeholders for review and feedback.
For more details, please see the full program below:
10:00–10:30 AM Opening/Introduction
• Welcome by Mayor Van R. Johnson, II
• Introduction to GA Smart Communities
• Project Overview by Savannah Team
10:30–11:15 Equitable Development & Housing
• The Cost of Vacant Housing
• Housing & Equitable Development
• The Role of Land Banks
11:30–12:15 Civic Data: Sources and Use
• Civic Data for Housing and Neighborhoods
• The Neighborhood Perception Survey
• Assessing Housing Programs with Big Data
12:15-1:00 PM Project Status and Discussion
• Analytic Procedures for Parcels and Blocks
• Citizen Surveys and Collaborative Planning
• Q & A
This event is open to the public, and we hope you will join us! Please utilize the following link to register for the event: link.
You can read more about the City of Savannah’s project and other Georgia Smart Projects here.